Length of tenure as a Board Member:
Current appointments or membership at any other Joint Stock companies:
Experience and qualifications:
Mr. Adil Abdullah Al Fahim has held several senior positions in the Dubai Government, and holds a number of academic and professional qualifications.
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a Certified Financial Consultant (CFC), a Certified Trainer of Audit Command Language (ACL), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Mr. Al Fahim has extensive experience in several areas including economy, finance, management, auditing/internal auditing, information systems and the law.
- He won the MENA Financial Thought Leader of the Year award in 2012.
- A recipient of the IIA Lifetime Achievement Award (2013).
- He has written a number of articles and studies addressing vital economic issues that impact the global economy.
He has held the following positions:
Director General of the UAE Accountants and Auditors Association (2000-2002).
- Board Member and President of the Conferences Committee of the UAE Accountants and Auditors Association (2002-2004).
- President of the American Institute of Internal Auditors – UAE branch (2006 – 2007).
- Senior Vice President of the US Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – UAE branch.
- Member and Secretary General of the Committee of Auditors’ Registration in the UAE.
- Financial expert and arbitrator in Dubai Courts’ List of Certified Experts.
He holds a number of professional qualifications and memberships, including:
Current appointments at any other regulatory, government or commercial entity:
Certified Public Accountant - USA (CPA).
- Certified Fraud Examiner - USA (CFE).
- Certified Financial Consultant – Canada (CFC).
- Certified Trainer of Audit Command Language – Belgium (ACL).
- Founding Member of UAE Accountants and Auditors Association.
- Certified “Law Assistant” in Dubai Courts’ Experts List of Technical Consultants.
- Member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association – USA.
- Institute of Internal Auditors – USA.
- American Society for Quality – USA.
- Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals Association.
- Canadian Association of Financial Consultants.
- Member of Dubai Government Supreme Committee for improvement and automation of budgeting.
- Member of Dubai Government Committee for fiscal Planning.
- Chief Financial Officer, Dubai Airports.
- Head of Internal Audit Department, the Ruler‘s Court, Dubai Government.
- Vice President, Department of performance control and IT systems audit and training, the Ruler‘s Court, Dubai Government.
- Representative of the UAE in the AGCC Committee for E-Commerce.