DFM Corporate Governance
Proceeding from the firm belief of the Dubai Financial Market that compliance with the rules and standards of corporate governance contributes fundamentally to creating sustainable value for shareholders as well as preserving the interests of others such as employees, customers, suppliers and society as a whole, the Board of Directors seeks to provide leadership, strategic control, supervision and appropriate regulatory environment, as well as integrity and commitment to responsibility in carrying out all activities, applying the highest standards of corporate governance as the basis for fulfilling its responsibilities towards the company.
In compliance with the Ministerial Decree No. (3/R.M) of 2020 concerning the Standards of Institutional Discipline and Governance of Public Shareholding Companies, DFM management has prepared a set of controls and approved rules to achieve the highest standards of corporate governance. This governance framework in the market includes:
- The affairs of the Board of Directors, including the composition of the Board, the selection of members, the role of the Chairman and members, as well as the Board's role in overseeing the executive departments.
- The Board Committees, the Audit Committee and the Nomination and Remuneration Committee, the Compliance Committee and the Investments Committee.
- Remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors.
- General Assemblies.
- Internal control and risk management framework.
- External audit including the appointment of the auditor, the scope of activity, and independence.
- Disclosure and transparency.
- Communication with shareholders.
- Professional code of conduct.